The General Hospital Fan Club Weekend Hotel of choice is the Embassy Suites Hotel in Glendale, CA. Please read the following information carefully! These are the details I am given, good luck to everyone!
Our GHFCW Block will go on sale Saturday, February 1 at 9:00 p.m. PST. To break it down barney style that is Saturday night at midnight for those who live on the east coast. This means that when the clock turns over to midnight from Saturday to Sunday, our block is supposed to go live.
Please keep in mind that we’ve previously had issues where the Embassy Suites have not been easily able to explain why this is the process, but we advise that you double-check with the hotel at 9:00 p.m. PST on Saturday, February 1. Similarly, there is no harm in checking at 9:00 p.m. EST as there have been circumstances in the past in which rooms have sold out sooner than expected due to the time confusion.
I’ve asked the hotel to allow reservations over the weekend, which is not a common practice, in order to accommodate those who need to go to work the next morning had we started room reservations during the workweek as had been done in the past. The hotel has agreed as a courtesy. Keep this in mind when making your reservation as any issues you encounter can only be addressed on Monday, February 3, the earliest.
Hopefully, the information provided here will help many of you in making your room reservations. However, not everyone will be able to reserve a room. There is a limited amount of bookings available due to space. With that said, when booking your rooms, please make sure to use the Code: GHW
About Room Reservations:
Only double bedded rooms are available for booking during the GHFCW. The hotel has stated that if someone is in need of a king room, you must first book a double-bedded room and then email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that I can provide you with contact information for someone that might be able to help in the sales department. Note: There is no guarantee your request for adjustments to your original reservation will be accommodated. Additionally, individual sleeping room cancellation is one week prior to the date of arrival, to avoid one night’s room and tax charge.
There are a couple of requests that I ask of you if you plan to book a room:
- Please do not book a room if you do not plan to attend and use it. Do not book on just a maybe. This takes rooms away from those who do need a room and do not get in on the block, which also might deter their attending scheduled events.
- If you book a room, and for an unforeseen reason you are not able to attend, please email me and give me the option of exchanging that room for someone who may need it. Once you call and cancel directly with the hotel, I cannot retrieve that room and exchange it for someone else to utilize due to the hotel’s not informing me of any cancellations. Therefore, our block loses a room and fans lose out on discounted rates. Please be considerate.
- The deadline for room exchanges is June 1. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Room rates are $174.00 per night (Thursday through Sunday only), and includes the following amenities:
- Complimentary Full Breakfast with a Cooked-To-Order Omelet Station
- Complimentary Evening Manager’s Reception
- Internet: $5.00 (valued at $9.95)
- Parking: $10.00 daily, per car (valued at $21.00 per car, per day)
Booking online is available via hilton.com. When making your reservation put in the online code GHW in the group code box. You can also call the hotel directly:
- Embassy Suites – 1-800-EMBASSY (362-2779)
- Hilton Hotel – 1-800-HILTONS (445-8667)